Nyborg Friskole - values and goals
Nyborg Friskole is a free basic school with all its rights and obligations. The free school is for students, parents and co-workers synonymous with:
- to aspire to create the best possible, independent school for all
- a joined will to undertake this responsibility
- a joined effort in pursuing freedom, equality and democratic behaviour in the binding fellowship, which is Nyborg Friskole.
View on human nature and the philosophy of life
Nyborg Friskole looks at man as being supreme and inviolable with its own worth and simultaneously as a social individual, who only through solidarity can realize his life.
Through this view on human nature we see existence as a long list of possibilities for everyone to use his or her own worth so others can benefit from it.
- In the light of the above it is Nyborg Friskole’s purpose, in cooperation with parents to create the possibilities for:
- to further and develop the students opportunities in society.
- to train and strengthen the students courage and capability
that students participate in the democratic process, which is seen as a natural part of our solidarity.
- that students acquire knowledge, skills, qualifications, working methods and mode of expressions, which contributes to the individual students versatile personal development.
- to make the students familiar with Danish culture and contribute to their understanding of other cultures and for mans interaction with nature.
Nyborg Friskole see it as their purpose in cooperation with parents to create settings for learning:
- where the students’ confidence in their own possibilities is trained
- where the students are given perspectives and background to take a stand and act on it, and thereby be co responsible.
- where the unprejudiced and equal conversation can take place.
- where you dare put yourself on the risk
- where the students are valued and taken seriously in cheerful and optimistically surroundings.
- where commitment educationally as well as socially and the good experiences can develop the students cognition, imagination and desire to learn